Christmas Arrangements @ Dunsany N.S.
We will mark Christmas this year by taking each class on a Christmas theatre outing. We will also hold our annual charity fundraiser which will incorporate carol-singing in Shopping Centre and our Bob-a-Job Week, hold our Christmas Concert and our end-of-term Carol Service.
- Senior Room Christmas Theatre Outing: Thursday 12 December, Mullingar Arts Centre ‘Sinbad’ @ 7.30pm, leave school 6pm by bus. Total cost pp: €10
- Bob-a-Job Week: Fri. 13 – Fri. 20 Dec. This now annual fundraiser involves all the pupils doing odd jobs for mum/dad/granny/grandad etc… Pupils are sponsored for ‘doing’ jobs around the house/garden, set the table, put out the bins, etc…. Sponsorship cards nearer the time. This year’s nominated charity is Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Ireland. Many of you will know Maurice & Peg Lynch, whose children and grandchildren attended our school. This charity is one close to their hearts and we are rowing in behind their recent fundraiser which yielded over €700.
Our Christmas Concert:Wednesday 18 December @ 7.00pm @ the school.
- Whoops-a-Daisy Angel’ by the Junior Room @ 7.00pm sharp.
- ‘Donkey’s First Christmas’ by the Middle Room @ 7.30pm
- ‘Cinderella & Rockerfella’ by the Senior Room @ 8.00pm
All performances will be held in the Junior Room. All pupils to be present by 6.30pm please. Parents are asked to enter by side gate and to use back door entrance to Junior Room. Parents are very welcome to attend for an individual class performance or to attend for all three. Refreshments afterwards in GP Room. The PA will hold their annual bumper hamper raffle on the night – all proceeds directly to the school.
- Junior & Middle Room Christmas Theatre Outing: Thursday 19 December, ‘Annabel’s Star’ @ The Ark Children’s Theatre, Dublin. Leaving 10.15 am. Total cost pp: €10 returning for 2.40pm
- Charity Carol Singing (Senior Room only): Thursday 19 December 2.15pm-3.15pm Shopping Centre Navan, in aid of Spina Bifida Ireland. Lifts will be needed to and from the Centre please.
- Closing Carol Service: Friday 20 December @ 11.15am. You are welcome to attend our simple Carol & Prayer Service to be held in the church on the morning of the holidays, followed by end-of-term presentation of certificates. Holidays @ 12.30pm.
- Christmas Choir on Christmas Eve: Tuesday 24 December @ 6.00pm. As per tradition, the school children will comprise the church choir again this year. We have been working hard on our carols since the end of November. We are delighted that Donie Clynch, Sinead Cusack & Laura Glennon have volunteered to conduct the choir this year. We ask that all those who are ‘home’ for Christmas this year please attend to ensure that this very atmospheric Mass is well served by the school again this year. It is always a very special Mass.
Our grateful thanks to our Parents’ Association who have subsidised the cost of our Christmas outings and to you all for supporting the work of the PA throughout the year which makes this sponsorship possible.
Christmas Choir 2013
It has been tradition that the children of Dunsany NS provide the choir at the vigil Mass on Christmas Eve. We are aware that a small number of children will be away for Christmas, but we appeal to all those ‘home’ for Christmas to please encourage their children to attend the choir on this night and to take them along so as they can take part. Above any year, there is great interest in the choir this year and we hope to have a choir one Saturday in the month from January onwards. We will be asking the pupils to give us an idea of numbers for Christmas Eve over the coming days. The arrangements are as follows…
- Christmas Eve 24th @ 6pm.
- Taking the choir this year are Donie Clynch, Sinéad Cusack & Laura Glennon.
- Regular practices at school during coming weeks.
- FIRST EVENING PRACTICE TUES. 10 Dec. @ 7:30pm (teacher will attend)